I prayed for you last night

 


I prayed for you last night,

my Bosom buddy of a lifetime,

while driving home in the dark, alone,

I felt the tears in my soul,

the ones you were shedding for you darling,

who now lies ill and wanting.

I stopped my car,

as anguish clutched my throat,

and I cried the sorrow I know you cannot bear.

Then I prayed for you again.

💗💖💦😢😘🐝🐕🍓🍒

I drove home fast, last night,

wanting to get out of the darkness,

yearning for my warm, safe bed.

Yet worry chased me up the highway...

had I prayed enough?

I was soon home, 

off that black highway,

wrapped in comfort, 

ready for sleep, but still,

in the darkness of the night,

from the sanctuary of my heart...

I prayed one last time,

for you again. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mumma Bear & Redneck do a Roadie

in the shadows of a cursed coalition

My Inaugural Little Kitchen Soliloquy