I don't watch the news anymore

 I don't watch a lot of news, anymore...

or read a paper with bold headlines,

beating me about the face with gloom, death

ricocheting around the globe,

storming my brain, filling the air that I breathe

which creates a world of pain, for life

as we now know it.

❤😒🌠🌋🐸

It makes me blue, the news...

red with anger, 

black with sadness, 

as real life images from the battlefields of families,

struggling in the furnace of affliction,

bombard me,

 until it feels like the end of the world inside my soul.

So I quit the news, for golden

snatches of peace in my heart...

gathering like autumn leaves on the earth,

sending glittering rays of hope and solace into my mind.

I've blocked that drain,

the  misery they call news...

with carefree trips to the ocean,

walking in the hills,

picking handfuls of freesias, 

with their heaven sent fragrance that floods my house.

I have filtered my internet letterbox,

halting the scourge of alerts and highlights.

I play gentle music of the heart,

kaleidoscopic daydreams are the perks

of a head line free life.

✌😀💖🐞🐝🍓🍏

I don't watch the watch the news anymore.

I lay down in peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mumma Bear & Redneck do a Roadie

in the shadows of a cursed coalition

My Inaugural Little Kitchen Soliloquy