Mumma Bear & Redneck do a Roadie

  I was going to Nelson and Golden Bay too,

I was away for a week there 

So I sent a message to you.

"Hey Redneck, I'm doing a roadie

I want you to come.

Don't worry about money,

I have plenty and some.

(Well, not really that much,

So when we sometimes do takeaways 

perhaps we could go Dutch?!) 

I booked you a ticket,

for a ride on the plane,

I'll meet you at the airport,

you can't say no, you'd be insane.

I've hired a comfy car,

that will be taking us far,

we'll go to Blenheim and Picton,'

then down to Kaikoura!

I'll show you the mountains, 

the rivers and sea,

hopefully whales, and the wildlife that runs free.

Then over to Takaka and the beautiful Golden Bay,

I'll show you all the places 

where you're mum used to stay.

All the homes and the houses,

a commune or two,

and even some campsites, where I slept beneath the moon.


Then's it back to our cabin,

in the bush, up a hill,

nestled away, peacefully private and still.

We'll go to some winebars,

and pubs where many hours were spent,

and even to Motueka Riverside where I slept in a tent.

Yes I will be taking you down,

Mumma's memory lane,

remiscining and laughing while I roll away the years,

which should entertain you or bore you,

who really cares.

But at the end of our roadie,

while we wait for our plane,

you'll be glad that you joined me

we probably won't come back here again.

But on the trip home,

while we float up in the air,

we can plan for another roadie,

that we'll hopefully be doing next year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in the shadows of a cursed coalition

My Inaugural Little Kitchen Soliloquy