I miss summer

 I miss Summer,

with all her rays of warm sunshine, falling

down on me, calling to me from

the beach where the waters say, "swim, swim, catch this wave...

and this one and this one", 

while sand teases my toes beneath a cloudless sky of  happiness.


"Come back Summer," I murmur and shiver beneath the heavy blankets

of a winter morning, while the temperature reads 4 but feels like

2 degrees of "stay inside". It's still cold and dark out there,

and the clouds have let the heat escape during the night.

I think the sunshine has gone to Bermuda, kidnapped by the triangle.

However will we ransom her back.


Four degrees, feels like three, must be two.

I'm not ready to go out into that day without the summer,

my friend, my hot companion, 

the season that makes life fun.

"Please come back," I say,

wiping the condensation from my eyes.

"Drive the mud away, bring back the flowers."

I miss you Summer, I say to myself, one last time,

shaking my heart up,

before I go in search of Spring.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mumma Bear & Redneck do a Roadie

in the shadows of a cursed coalition

My Inaugural Little Kitchen Soliloquy