Shooting the bullshit

 I have no self esteem...

is a laughable line, from a terrible time,

inside a dream that soon went dark,

and I found my life and all that was dear,

slide down the plughole,

into a terrifying, nightmare.


Like Stephen King had come to stay,

bringing monsters that wanted to play,

inside  my head and with my heart,

as they messed  with my hopes my desires...

they were running around, 

all through the house 

trying to turn my whole life into fire.


I pushed them away, I closed the door,

I forbade those creatures from crossing my floor.

when down the chimney flew some bats,

python snakes and tricked out cats.

"We've come to take your esteem away,

we're going to make your confidence pay."

I looked at them, well fancy that,

they'd pissed me off, I'd deal with that.

I got my gun, I shot them down,

their screams were heard all over town.

"She's shooting bullshit," the locals said,

"I hope she got them in the head."


I sat down in my comfy chair,

I looked at the carnage and gave a sigh.

They had wasted their time, coming round here,

I hadn't had self-esteem for years.

I gave it up a long way back.

I'd tied it up in a onion sack,

I took it down to the out-going tide,

throwing it in, I waved it good-bye.


No, I've got no self-esteem,

I'm too smart for that,

I sorted out those beggars and demons,

the slithery snakes and those cats.

"Pesky bloody monsters," I chuckled to myself,

"they can't take what I ain't got," I said, laughing some more,

bolting my solid back door,

while I placed my loaded shot-gun, carefully back on the shelf.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've written something new for you, Hori

Mumma Bear & Redneck do a Roadie

in the shadows of a cursed coalition