As sure as the Iris smiles (for Sylvia)

 

As sure as the Iris smiles in my garden,

is my promise to send you her face.

As she beckons the sun to come down upon the Earth, 

to pull out the colours, 

that's when I will call, "Whaea, the winter has gone,

come see the spring."


The moment I see the gold unfurl amongst the green 

with emboldened stems painting serenity for me, and for you

I will  fast-post pics of her happiness to your home.

Faith hope and love,

the greatest of these, love,

while iris faces glow in the storms of life.


Here is hope, whaea,

for a day without clouds

and a Heaven come to earth in the faces 

of our garden flowers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mumma Bear & Redneck do a Roadie

in the shadows of a cursed coalition

My Inaugural Little Kitchen Soliloquy